We guarantee our customers 100% product satisfaction, or their money will be refunded in accordance with the terms of this policy. Whole Foods Market accepts returns for products with a receipt within 90 days of purchase. With a few exceptions, we will reimburse you for your returned items in the same way you paid for them. In the event you used multiple forms of payment, your refund may be issued across all payment methods used. Items that are damaged, or do not have a receipt may be denied a refund or exchange. Apparel or shoes should be returned unworn and with tags attached. Additionally, returns of alcoholic beverages are subject to state and local restrictions and may be denied. In locations where returns of alcoholic beverages are allowed, customers must provide a receipt confirming that the alcoholic beverage was purchased from the same store where the customer is making the return.
We require receipts for all returns. Should you not have your receipt, we can also attempt to look up the receipt for your purchase in store. Bring the item and the method of payment used to Customer Service in the store within the return window allowed. The store can look up receipts for purchases made with the following methods of payment:
- Third-party Visa®, Mastercard®, American Express®, and Discover® credit cards
- Whole Foods Market Gift Cards: You must have the physical Gift Card for look-up
- If your original receipt isn't available, the refund may be applied to a gift card. Whole Foods Market reserves the right to limit or refuse any refund when the receipt isn’t available.
We will reimburse you for returned items in the same way you paid for them except:
- The following purchase tenders will be refunded to a gift card: Campus Card, Moocho, Flat Irons, WOW Buck, Cheques, and Travelers Cheques.
- eWIC purchases cannot be returned as required by law but may be exchanged for identical food items if the product is defective, spoiled, or was out of code at the time of sale.
- When the return is to a gift card of less than $10 you can request a cash refund instead.
- Except as otherwise stated in this policy, gift cards sold at Whole Foods Market cannot be returned or redeemed for cash or credit.
- You can return a gift using the gift receipt and receive a refund in the form of a gift card.
- If you used a manufacturer's coupon to purchase an item and decide to return that item, you'll receive a refund for the amount you paid for the item plus the amount of the coupon. The amount of the coupon will be refunded in the form of a gift card, method of payment or cash if under $5.
- If you used a Whole Foods Market coupon to purchase an item and decide to return that item, you'll receive a refund for the price of the item, minus the coupon value.
If you receive a free gift or a discount on your purchase and decide to return the item(s), the refunded value for each item returned will be reduced to reflect the value of any free gift or discount. For example:
- When purchasing items as part of a Buy One Get One (BOGO) promotion the promotional discount is based on the lowest priced item, then applied to each item proportionately. If you choose to return any of the items, your refund will be reduced to the discounted amount for each item.
- For most items, you are not required to return the free merchandise/gift card with the qualifying purchase item, however, the amount of the refund will be reduced by the prorated value of the free merchandise or the amount charged for the promotional gift card. The free merchandise can be returned alone, but you'll only receive the prorated value of the free gift.
- If you return an item to which a 10¢ reusable bag discount is applied, that discount will be deducted from the amount of your refund for that item.
- You'll receive a sales tax refund for returns made in store. Please note, if you buy an item in one state and return it in another, the sales tax refund may vary.
- Whole Foods Market products purchased through an online retailer must be returned to that retailer and cannot be returned to a store.
- International returns or exchanges are not allowed.
- Due to state law, our New Jersey stores are currently not accepting returns. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- Start your return at Amazon’s Online Return Center.
- Select your favorite Whole Foods Market as the drop-off location. If you don’t see your preferred store as an option, your item or delivery ZIP code may not be eligible for return at Whole Foods Market.
- Check your email — you’ll receive a QR code from Amazon that will be scanned when you drop off your package.
- Bring your item to the Whole Foods Market you selected — no need to bring the original shipping box — and locate the return drop-off point either at the Customer Service desk or Pickup & Return kiosk.
- Show your QR code to the Whole Foods Market team member or Amazon associate. They’ll take it from there — from the packing to the labeling to the shipping, all at no cost to you.