- 1 1/4 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3/4 cup amaranth flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts, divided
In a large bowl, whisk together whole wheat pastry flour, amaranth flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt. In a separate bowl, whisk together bananas, eggs, yogurt, oil and sugar. Add banana mixture to flour mixture and stir just until combined. Fold in 1/2 cup of the walnuts. Pour batter into prepared pan and top with remaining walnuts.
Bake 1 hour or until bread is golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center of the loaf comes out clean. Let cool slightly then loosen sides from pan, remove loaf and serve warm or let cool completely before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.