- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 pounds turnips, peeled and cut into sticks
- 2/3 cup apple cider
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Cover dish with foil and bake for 20 minutes. Stir turnips and continue to bake, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until fork tender and liquid has reduced, 20 to 30 minutes more. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.