- 6 Golden Delicious apples, cored and sliced thinly (peeling is optional)
- 1/2 small lemon, Juice of
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoon arrowroot powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 tablespoons fruit-sweetened apricot spread
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 unbaked, prepared non-dairy pie shell (8 or 9 inch)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds
- 3 tablespoons maple sugar
- fine sea salt, Pinch of
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
Toss the apples with lemon juice. Stir in salt and spices. In a bowl, mix together the apricot spread and honey. Pour onto the apple mixture and toss to coat well. Carefully place the apples in the unbaked pie shell.
Mix the oats, flour, almonds, maple sugar, and salt together in a bowl. Add the canola oil and mix with fingers or a pastry blender until crumbly. Sprinkle the topping all over the pie, carefully pressing down just a bit to secure. Bake for 60-75 minutes, with a cookie sheet on a lower rack under the pie to catch any juices that may drip.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.