- 3 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- pinch fine sea salt
- 1/4 medium red onion, chopped
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cups watercress leaves
- 4 cups torn red leaf lettuce
- 2 Braeburn apples (about 3/4 pound), cored and thinly sliced
- 8 ounces smoked ham, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
In a large bowl, combine watercress, lettuce and sliced apples. Drizzle with dressing and toss to coat. To serve, divide salad among serving plates. Top with ham and parsley. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.