- 4 cups arugula
- 1 large fennel bulb, trimmed and very thinly sliced
- 1/4 medium red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly shaved Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
Put mustard, salt and pepper in a medium bowl. Whisk in vinegar to combine. Gradually whisk in olive oil until vinaigrette emulsifies. Taste and adjust seasoning.
Drizzle vinaigrette over arugula and toss well to coat leaves. Top with shaved Parmesan and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.