Arugula Salad with Seared Scallops
- 1 medium head Boston or butter lettuce, torn into bite-size pieces
- 2 cups packed arugula leaves, torn into bite-size pieces
- 1 bunch red radishes, sliced
- 1/3 cup roasted walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon honey, (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1 pound sea scallops, side muscle removed
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
In a large bowl, toss together lettuce, arugula and radishes. In a small bowl, whisk together walnut oil, vinegar, shallot, honey, 1/8 teaspoon of the salt and pepper. Set aside.
Season scallops on both sides with remaining salt. Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add scallops and cook, turning once, until just cooked through and lightly golden, about 2 minutes per side.
Toss greens with dressing and transfer to individual plates. Top with scallops and serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.