- 1 tablespoon sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium shallot, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pound (about 1 bunch) asparagus
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, finely chopped or grated
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Snap tough ends off the asparagus. Bring a pot of salted water to a boil. Add asparagus and cook until just tender, about 5 minutes. Drain and plunge asparagus into a large bowl of ice water to stop the cooking. Drain asparagus thoroughly and transfer to a serving platter. Whisk the vinaigrette to recombine it and drizzle over the asparagus. Sprinkle with chopped eggs, chives and parsley. Serve at once.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.