- 4 small whole trout, heads intact, butterflied
- 1 small zucchini, diced
- 1 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1/2 cup dried currants
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- Fresh herbs of your choice
- 1 cup brown basmati rice
- 2 cups low-sodium chicken stock (or fish or vegetable)
- 3 tablespoons dry wild rice
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
When stuffing is ready, prepare trout by rubbing inside flesh and outside of fish with olive oil. Rub inside with a piece of lemon, and season with salt and pepper. Arrange trout in an oiled baking dish and stuff each with 1/2 cup or so of the rice mixture. Bake 20 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.