Baked Chicken Taquitos
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing tortillas
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken meat
- 2 cups low-sodium, gluten-free chicken broth
- 12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
- 1 cup crumbled queso fresco or shredded Monterey jack or cheddar
Bring chicken broth to a simmer in a skillet or pot wide enough to hold tortillas. When broth simmers, dip tortillas briefly, one at a time, just to soften, 1 to 2 seconds. Lay tortilla on a work surface and spread 2-3 tablespoons chicken mixture over bottom third. Top with a tablespoon of cheese and roll up. Place seam-side down on the baking sheet. Repeat with remaining tortillas. Spray or brush tortillas lightly with oil and bake until crisp and lightly browned, 12 to 15 minutes. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.