- 1/2 pound whole wheat penne
- 1/3 cup raw cashews, covered with boiling water and soaked for a few hours to soften
- 1/2 cup Engine 2 Plant-Strong™ Unsweetened Original Almondmilk
- 1/3 cup reduced-sodium vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 1/4 cup Engine 2 Plant-Strong™ Cantina Style Salsa
- 2 cups chopped kale leaves
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red bell peppers
- 2/3 cup dry whole wheat bread crumbs
- 1 1/2 tablespoon nutritional yeast
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons granulated onion
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400°F. In a blender, combine the drained cashews, almondmilk, broth, nutritional yeast and salsa; blend until very smooth. Drain pasta and place in a large bowl. Add kale, peas and red bell pepper and toss. Pour sauce over pasta and toss again.
Transfer mixture to an 8x8-inch baking dish and smooth the top. Combine all the topping ingredients in a small bowl and sprinkle over the pasta. Bake until the topping is browned and the sauce is bubbling, about 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.