- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 4 salmon fillets, skinless
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon flaky salt, such as Maldon sea salt
- 2 lemons, Zest of
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
While fish bakes, prepare the seasoning salt by combining thyme, flaky salt and lemon zest in a small bowl. Mix gently. The salt mixture will be slightly wet and clumpy. When fish is done, sprinkle a little bit of the seasoning salt over each fillet, making sure each portion gets a bit of salt, zest and thyme.
Serve immediately with any remaining seasoning salt if desired.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.