- 8 ounces (about 30) jumbo pasta shells
- 3/4 pound lean ground beef
- 1 1/4 cup reduced-fat ricotta cheese
- 1/2 (16-ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- 1 (15-ounce) jar marinara sauce
- 1 1/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 350°F. Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and cook, stirring and breaking up chunks, until browned, about 7 minutes. Drain off any excess fat. In a large bowl, combine beef, ricotta cheese and spinach.
Spread half the marinara sauce over the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish. Spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling into each shell and place them open side up into the dish; fit them together snuggly and you should be able to get them all in a single layer. Pour remaining marinara evenly over top, sprinkle with mozzarella cheese and bake until cheese is melted and sauce is bubbling, 30 to 35 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.