- Orange-Honey Mascarpone Cheese
- 4 ounces mascarpone cheese
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons ground flax meal
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 stick (1/4 cup) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 3 very ripe bananas, peeled and smashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 1/2 cup vanilla soy milk or whole milk
- 1/3 cup fat free or low fat plain yogurt
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Expeller-pressed canola oil
- Honey (optional)
- Orange zest (optional)
For the pancakes, whisk together both flours, flax meal, cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Cream together butter and sugar in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in bananas, soy milk, yogurt and vanilla just until combined, then fold in flour mixture just until incorporated.
Heat a bit of oil on a griddle or in a large skillet over medium heat. Working in batches, pour about 1/3 cup of the batter onto the hot surface for each pancake, making sure to space them a few inches apart. Cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until bubbles appear across the pancakes. Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer, or until cooked through and golden brown.
Transfer pancakes to plates and serve warm, topped with the orange-honey mascarpone, a drizzle of honey and a sprinkling of orange zest, if you like.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.