- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes (about 1 pound), peeled and cut into (1 1/2-inch) chunks
- Canola spray oil
- 4 fresh pork sausages (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
When potatoes are tender, add peas and edamame to the simmering water; cook 2 minutes more. Drain and return to the pot. Off of the heat, add milk, butter, mustard, salt and pepper, and mash with a potato masher until well combined. (For a smoother texture, purée in a food processor.)
Cut sausages in half and serve over warm mash.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.