- 1 pound extra-firm tofu, drained and cut into 8 slices
- 1 cup tangy barbeque sauce
- 1 (16-ounce) tube prepared polenta
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
In a baking dish, coat tofu with barbeque sauce and transfer to a baking sheet. Bake until browned around the edges, about 30 minutes. Meanwhile, mix flour with garlic, salt and pepper on a shallow plate. Coat each slice of polenta with flour mixture. Heat olive oil over medium low heat and cook polenta slices until lightly golden, about 5 minutes on each side. Transfer to a paper towel and drain. To serve, place 3 slices of polenta on a plate. Top with 2 slices of tofu and garnish with parsley.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.