- 1 (14-ounce) package extra-firm tofu, drained
- 1/2 cup prepared barbecue sauce
- 4 hoagie rolls or 4 (5-inch) pieces of French baguette, split
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 large white onion, halved and sliced thinly
- pinch fine sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon Cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons garlic mayonnaise or regular mayonnaise
- 4 lettuce leaves
- 1 tomato, sliced
- Pickle slices (optional)
Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and salt; cook until just beginning to brown, 6 to 7 minutes. Cover the skillet, lower the heat and continue to cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is browned and meltingly tender, about 10 minutes more. Stir in Cajun seasoning.
Open hot rolls and spread with mayonnaise. Stuff with tofu, onions, lettuce, tomato and pickle, if using.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.