Bay Scallop Nachos with Black Beans and Corn
- 1 pound small bay scallops, side muscle removed
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 serrano chiles, thinly sliced
- 1/2 pint yellow cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/8 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 pound tortilla chips
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 1/2 cup shredded Oaxaca or mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup cooked corn kernels
- 1/2 cup grated cotija cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges for serving
Meanwhile, heat a cast-iron skillet in the oven for 30 minutes. Carefully transfer scallop mixture to the hot skillet and roast in the oven, stirring a few times, until scallops are opaque and just cooked through, about 8 minutes.
Lower the oven temperature to 350°F. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper and spread out tortilla chips in an even layer. Using a slotted spoon, transfer scallop mixture to tortilla chips. Top with black beans, Oaxaca cheese, corn and Cotija cheese. Bake until cheeses are melted and ingredients are warmed through, about 12 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and serve with lime wedges.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.