Beet Salad with Arugula and Lemon Ginger Dressing
- 4 red beets (2-inch size)
- 4 golden beets (2-inch size)
- 1/4 pound baby arugula
- 1 cup sunflower sprouts
- 1 cup mung bean sprouts
- 1 teaspoon black or white sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped ginger
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 small clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
Meanwhile, prepare the dressing. Combine the ginger, green onion, zest, lemon juice, garlic, oil, and vinegar in a blender and process until smooth.
Use your hands or a paring knife to peel the skin from the chilled beets, then slice into 1/2-inch pieces. Divide the arugula evenly between 4 salad plates. Alternating colors, overlap beets in a ring around arugula. Place sprouts in the center of the ring and top with sesame seeds. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.