- Spice Mix
- 1 (1-ounce) package natural onion soup and dip mix
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3/4 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Beef Stroganoff
- 2 cups chopped assorted mushrooms, like cremini and white button
- 1 pound lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 cup dry egg noodles
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup low sodium beef broth, more if needed
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup grated baby Swiss or Provolone cheese
To make stroganoff, heat olive oil in a skillet over high heat. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring constantly, until mushrooms release most of their juices, about 10 minutes. Add ground beef, turn heat down to medium and brown until cooked through, about 10 minutes. Drain the fat off and discard if necessary.
Add noodles and spice mix and stir to combine. Add milk and beef broth and, bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 20 minutes, or until liquid is absorbed. Add more broth, if needed.
Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream. Taste and adjust seasoning. Top with grated cheese and serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.