- 2 (15-ounce) cans no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed, or 3 cups cooked beans
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 3 green onions, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 4 tablespoons grated Monterey Jack or nondairy cheese
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon hot sauce, plus more to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 large whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ripe avocado, mashed
In a small bowl, combine garlic and lime juice. In a slow, steady stream whisk in oil until dressing has slightly thickened. Add crushed red chile flakes and salt. Stir lime dressing into bean mixture and season with hot sauce to taste.
Spread 1/4 of the avocado along the center of each tortilla. Top with bean mixture. Fold the edges up and roll up into burritos. Arrange on a rimmed baking sheet and bake until cheese has melted and burritos are heated through, about 15 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.