- 1 cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 teaspoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup cooked black beans, drained
- 2 tablespoons salsa
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sliced fresh basil leaves, packed
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper for garnish
Purée black beans in a food processor along with salsa, 2 tablespoons water, lime juice, hot sauce and cumin. Add more water as needed until it reaches the desired consistency. Add salt. Transfer to a bowl and stir in corn and basil. Garnish with red pepper.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.