- 2 slices bacon, cut into 1-inch pieces*
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, chopped
- 32 ounces low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth*
- 2 cups black beluga lentils (or other lentil type)
- 1 dried bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup (3 ounces) feta cheese crumbles*
- 2 heads Belgian endive, sliced
- 2 tangerines, peeled, sliced and seeded
- Extra-virgin olive oil*
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Meawhile, in a bowl, combine the endives, tangerines and olive oil and toss. Serve alongside the lentils, topped with cheese.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.