- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/2 medium red onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/2 (16-ounce) bag frozen black-eyed peas, prepared according to package directions (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 ounces (about 5 cups) tortilla chips
- 1 cup shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 lime
- Sriracha sauce to taste
Spread chips over the bottom of a 9x13-inch baking dish and spoon pea mixture over the top. Sprinkle with cheese and bake just until cheese melts and the nachos are very hot, 8 to 10 minutes. Sprinkle with cilantro and squeeze lime over the top of the nachos. Serve warm with Sriracha on the side.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.