- Blackened Catfish
- 4 (6-ounce) catfish fillets
- 3 tablespoons melted butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- Edamame Succotash
- 1 cup frozen shelled edamame (soy beans), thawed
- 1 cup corn kernels
- 2 fresh tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh basil
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper, to taste
For the Blackened Catfish, pat fillets dry with paper towels. Brush melted butter lightly over fish and sprinkle both sides liberally with Cajun seasoning. Be sure to completely coat each fillet. Heat a cast iron skillet until it is very hot. Pour half the leftover butter into the skillet. Carefully place two fillets in the skillet and cook about 3 minutes on each side. Wipe out pan and repeat with remaining butter and fillets. Serve on top of edamame succotash.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.