- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) softened unsalted butter or canola oil, plus more for the pan
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups spelt flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries
In a second large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, zest and salt. Stir flour mixture into butter-egg mixture until just combined. Gently stir in blueberries. Spoon batter into muffin cups and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center of a muffin comes out clean, about 30 minutes.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.