- 1/3 cup chopped cashews
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid aminos
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 red onion, thinly sliced in half-rings
- 8 cups loosely packed mixed greens
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can hearts of palm, drained and rinsed, sliced into rounds
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 cup no-salt-added black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen and thawed
- 2 tablespoons cashews
For the salad, place onion slices in water, add a few ice cubes and let sit for at least 15 minutes before serving. When ready to assemble salad, pour off water and drain onion thoroughly. Soaking the onion in water will reduce its sharpness.
To serve, arrange greens on a platter or in a large salad bowl. Arrange onion, hearts of palm, bell peppers, avocado, black beans, corn and cashews in sections on top of the greens. Stir dressing to recombine and serve alongside salad.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.