- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, stems trimmed and leaves coarsely chopped
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 1 (8-ounce) package tempeh, grated on a box grater
- 2 (14-ounce) cans no-salt-added diced tomatoes
In a large, deep skillet over medium-high heat, bring 1/2 cup water to a simmer. Add onion and garlic and cook about 6 minutes or until onion is translucent and tender. Stir in fennel seed, oregano and red pepper and cook 1 minute, stirring frequently. Add grated tempeh, tomatoes and their juices, along with 1/2 cup water and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 30 minutes to blend flavors. Remove from heat and stir in broccoli rabe. Serve immediately.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.