- 2 cups pecan halves, divided
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, plus more for the plate
- 1 tablespoon plus 1/2 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups cooked, mashed butternut squash
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup unsweetened plain almondmilk or cashewmilk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
In a food processor, coarsely grind 1 1/2 cups of the pecans until pea-sized. Add oil and 1 tablespoon of the maple syrup. Pulse just until combined, then transfer pecan mixture to the prepared plate and press into the bottom of the plate only; set aside.
In the food processor, purée squash with eggs, almondmilk, remaining 1/2 cup maple syrup, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt. Pour filling over the pecan crust in the pie pan and bake for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, finely chop remaining pecans. Sprinkle pecans along the outer edges of the pie and return to the oven for another 30 minutes, or until filling is set and firm. Cool pie on a rack then transfer to the refrigerator to chill before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.