- 4 cups butternut squash cubes
- 1/2 red onion, cut into thick slices
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, divided
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup whole milk
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh sage (or parsley)
- 1 cup grated Le Gruyère cheese
In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, sage and remaining 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper together. Pour into the skillet and return it to the oven. Continue cooking until eggs are just about set, 6 to 7 minutes. Remove from the oven and sprinkle with cheese. Turn on the broiler; place the skillet under the broiler just until the cheese melts and the top of the frittata is browned, about 2 minutes. Cool for a few minutes, cut into wedges and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.