- 4 sheets nori, (cut into 5-inch x 8-inch pieces)
- 1 1/4 cup cooked jasmine rice, divided into four equal portions
- 2 tablespoons wasabi powder
- 1/2 cup cold lump crabmeat, picked through, shell pieces discarded, cooked and chilled
- 1 small (8-ounce) cucumber, peeled, seeded and cut into matchsticks
- 8 slices avocado (from 1/2 medium avocado)
- 4 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds
Place 1 nori sheet on a flat surface with shiny side down and coarse side up. Spread 1 portion of the rice evenly over nori going all the way to the left and right edges, but leaving a 1-inch border on the edge closest to you and a 2-inch border on the top. Spread about 1/4 teaspoon of wasabi paste across the center of rice, from side to side. Arrange 2 tablespoons of the crab, 1/4 of the cucumber, 2 slices of the avocado and 1 teaspoon of the sesame seeds over wasabi. Fold bottom of nori toward the center, just so the ingredients are covered. Roll into a cylinder, and seal the roll by placing 4 grains of rice along the top edge of the nori and press together. Slice roll into 4 pieces. Repeat with remaining ingredients to make 3 rolls, and then cut each roll into four pieces each to make 16 pieces total.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.