- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon more for drizzling
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red chile flakes
- 2 cups cooked cannellini beans
- Juice of 1 lemon, or more to taste
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
Remove garlic from the mixture and place into the bowl of a food processor; add beans and process until smooth. With the motor running, add oil mixture, lemon juice and cayenne. Add salt and pepper, and pulse to combine. Transfer to a serving bowl and allow to sit at room temperature for at about 30 minutes to allow flavors to intensify. Drizzle with the remaining 1 teaspoon of oil before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.