- 4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth, divided
- 1 medium yellow onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 1 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium Yukon Gold potato, peeled and cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh chives
Working in batches, carefully transfer the soup to a blender and purée until smooth. Add water or additional broth if needed to thin to desired consistency. Reheat soup if necessary. Stir in lemon juice and garnish with chives.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.