- 1/4 pound bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 (9-inch) unbaked pie shell
- 3/4 cup brown rice syrup or corn syrup
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 cups coarsley chopped unsalted cashews
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, syrup, sugar, butter, vanilla, nutmeg and salt. Stir in cashews then pour into piecrust. Bake until center is thickened but not quite set, about 55 minutes. Transfer pie to a rack and set aside to let cool completely. (Pie will set completely as it cools.) Serve pie at room temperature.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.