Cast Iron Skillet Pizza
- 1 (0.25-ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup corn flour
- 2 teaspoons fine sea salt
- 4 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Kalamata olives, pits removed, chopped
- 1 cup quartered artichoke hearts
- 4 Roma tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 12 ounces whole milk mozzarella, shredded, or 12 ounces goat cheese, crumbled
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, more for oiling the bowl and skillet, divided
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn into pieces
Preheat the oven to 500°F. Oil two 9- or 10-inch cast iron skillets. Pat or roll dough into a circle and transfer it to the skillets. Press dough down into bottom of skillets and up the sides. Scatter dough with garlic, olives, artichoke hearts and tomatoes. Top with mozzarella and pine nuts. Drizzle each pizza with a tablespoon of olive oil.
Bake on the bottom oven rack for 15 minutes. Reduce the oven temperature to 400°F and bake until pizza crust is golden brown and toppings are starting to brown, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and top with basil.
Note: Toppings like pepperoni should be added when the oven temperature is reduced to 400°F, otherwise they will brown too quickly.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.