- 2 pounds catfish, cut into 4-inch pieces
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 red onion, very thinly sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, very thinly sliced
- 3/4 cup enoki mushrooms, trimmed
- 1/2 cup pitted green olives, sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon capers
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar, more if needed
In a large mixing bowl, combine fish with onion, bell pepper, mushrooms, olives, parsley, capers and paprika. Place in a glass or ceramic casserole or dish and add vinegar and remaining oil to cover fish. If fish is not covered completely, add a little more vinegar. Do not stir. Cover container with plastic and refrigerate at least 6 hours or overnight. Adjust seasoning and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.