- Cedar planks (soaked in cold water for 3 hours*)
- 1/4 cup pure maple syrup
- 1/4 cup bourbon or apple juice
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 (6-ounce) salmon fillets
- 4 sprigs fresh rosemary or thyme
- 1 lemon, sliced into rounds, seeds removed
Mix maple syrup and bourbon or apple juice together. Set aside.
Remove the planks from water and place on the grill, rough-side down. Brush with oil and arrage fish on the planks. Brush fish generously with maple syrup mixture. Sprinkle with herbs and arrange lemon on top of and under fish. Cook over a medium to high flame for approximately 10 minutes or until done.
*Weigh planks down with cans of food to keep submerged.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.