- 1/2 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 pounds celery root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 3/4 pound Yukon Gold potatoes, unpeeled and thinly sliced
- 1 cup regular or panko-style dry bread crumbs
- 1 cup grated Swiss cheese, such as Emmentaler or Jarlsberg
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Transfer contents of pot to prepared dish and spread out evenly. Scatter breadcrumbs and cheese over the top and bake until tender, bubbly and golden brown, 45 to 50 minutes. Set aside to let rest for 15 minutes. Garnish with parsley and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.