- 1 cup Champagne or sparkling white wine, divided
- 1 shallot, diced
- 8 ounces (about 7 1/2 cups) baby spinach
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper, divided
- Butter for ramekins
- 4 eggs
- 3/4 cup (about 3 ounces) shredded Le Maréchal cheese or other Swiss cheese, such as Gryuère
- 2 ounces spiral ham or other sliced ham (about 2 slices), cut into thin strips
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Butter 4 shallow or deep 6-ounce ramekins. Divide spinach and any liquid among ramekins. Crack an egg in each and top evenly with shallot and any liquid. Sprinkle with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and then with cheese.
Heat a large, heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Cook ham, stirring occasionally, until very crisp, about 5 minutes. Place on top of eggs. Place the ramekins on a small baking sheet and bake until egg whites are almost completely set, about 12 minutes for shallow ramekins and about 15 minutes for deep ramekins. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.