- 1/2 cup milk (plus 2 tablespoons for brushing over scones), divided
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped chives
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for shaping scones
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 6 tablespoons (3/4 stick) cold unsalted butter
- 1 1/2 cup grated sharp or aged cheddar, divided
Turn out dough onto a lightly floured surface and shape into a ball. Cut dough ball in half, then flatten each half into an 8-inch round circle, about 1/2-inch thick. Cut each circle into 6 wedges, as you would cut a pie. Brush tops with milk and sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup of cheese. Place on a nonstick baking sheet. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes or until golden brown.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.