- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 4 large Yukon Gold potatoes, diced (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 2 cups frozen yellow corn
- 2/3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- pinch cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Reduce heat, add potatoes and simmer until tender, about 20 minutes. Use the back of a wooden spoon to slightly mash potatoes, then stir in corn and milk. Cook another 5 minutes, remove from heat and stir in cheddar cheese. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into serving bowls and garnish with cayenne and parsley before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.