Chicken Soba Noodle Soup
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 leek, white part only, sliced
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 3 pounds whole chicken leg quarters
- 2 pounds whole chicken breasts
- 2 quarts low-sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 bay leaves
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 8 ounces buckwheat soba noodles
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
When cool enough to handle, separate chicken meat from bones and skin. Cut meat into cubes and return to pot. Discard bones and skin.
Bring soup to a slow boil and add noodles and parsley. Cook for 5 to 8 minutes or until noodles are just tender. Season to taste with salt and pepper. If desired, add more water or broth for a thinner soup.
If serving later or for leftovers, reheat the soup and add the noodles just prior to eating to ensure the noodles retain their texture.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.