- 1 dozen eggs
- 1 cup canned garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas), drained and rinsed, divided
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped red onion
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
Transfer whites to a platter and yolks to a large bowl. Add 1/2 cup garbanzo beans, onion, mayonnaise, lemon juice, mustard, salt and 2 tablespoons warm water to yolks and mash with a fork until well combined. Spoon some of the yolk mixture into each egg-white half, garnish each with parsley and a garbanzo bean, and serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.