- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoon powdered egg-replacer (such as Ener-G)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 2/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup plain unsweetened soymilk
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup fruit-sweetened raspberry jam, plus more for spreading (optional)
In a medium bowl, combine flours, cocoa powder, egg-replacer, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
In the large bowl of an electric mixer, beat oil with maple syrup on medium speed for 1 minute. Add vanilla and beat until well combined. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and soymilk, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Beat in the apple cider vinegar.
Spoon a scoop of batter into each muffin cup. Spoon 1 teaspoon raspberry jam into the center of each cup. Spoon remaining batter evenly over raspberry jam. Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until done when tested with a toothpick. Turn cupcakes out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If desired, lightly spread some fruit sweetened raspberry jam over the tops of the cupcakes prior to serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.