Chocolate Sandwich Cookies with Peppermint Frosting
- Chocolate Cookies
- 1 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- Peppermint Frosting
- 3 1/4 cup (about 14 ounces) confectioners' sugar
- 3 1/2 tablespoon reduced-fat (2%) milk
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon pure peppermint flavoring or extract
- pinch fine sea salt
Preheat the oven to 350°F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper. Cut dough crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick slices and transfer to prepared baking sheets, arranging cookies about 1 inch apart. Bake until puffed and just cooked through, 9 to 10 minutes. Set aside to let cool completely.
For the frosting, put confectioners' sugar, milk, butter, peppermint flavoring and salt into a large bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 1 minute. Spread the flat side of half of the cookies with some of the frosting, then sandwich with remaining cookies. Serve immediately or store cookies in an airtight container until ready to serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.