- Canola spray oil
- 1 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 tablespoons flaxseed meal
- 3 teaspoons ground cinnamon, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup nonfat or lowfat plain yogurt
- 3 very ripe bananas, smashed (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon turbinado sugar
In a bowl, whisk together both flours, flaxseed meal, 2 teaspoons of the cinnamon, baking soda and salt; set aside.
Using an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, beat together butter and granulated sugar until creamy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in yogurt, bananas and vanilla. Sprinkle in flour mixture and beat until just incorporated. Spoon batter into the prepared pan.
In a small bowl, stir together turbinado sugar and remaining 1 teaspoon cinnamon. Sprinkle over top of batter. Bake until a knife inserted in center of loaf comes out clean, 55 to 60 minutes. (If using a glass loaf pan, decrease the baking time by 5 to 10 minutes. If using mini loaf pans, bake for about 40 minutes.) Transfer the pan to a wire rack and let cool for about 5 minutes. Remove bread from the pan and continue to cool on the wire rack. Serve immediately or wrap and store at room temperature for up to 3 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.