- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- Zest and juice of 1 large lemon
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Zest and juice of 1/2 orange
- 1 1/2 tablespoon walnut oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add green beans and cook until bright green and barely tender, about 2 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon (shake off any excess water) and transfer to the bowl with the dressing. Toss to combine. Alternately, to serve beans at room temperature, transfer the beans to cold water and drain well. Toss with dressing just before serving.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.