- 6 Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Organic Original Crispbreads (about 4 1/2 ounces)
- 3/4 cup chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup Engine 2 Plant-Strong® Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk
- 2/3 cup unsweetened unsalted creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
In a small saucepan, heat almondmilk to just simmering and add dates. Remove from heat and allow to soak until very soft and falling apart, about 30 minutes.
Break up crispbreads and place in a food processor. Process until finely ground. Add cocoa powder, almondmilk and date mixture, peanut butter, applesauce and vanilla. Process until a smooth dough forms, scraping down the sides as needed. Cover and refrigerate dough for at least 1 hour.
Scoop cookie dough into heaping tablespoons and place them 1 inch apart on the prepared baking sheet. (If the dough is very sticky, moisten the scoop with a little water.) Press down lightly on the cookies with the tines of a fork to flatten them. Bake until dried and just cooked through, about 10 minutes. Cool on a wire rack; the cookies will firm up as they cool. Store in an airtight container for up to 3 days.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.