- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 1/2 pound carrots, coarsely chopped
- 1 (15-ounce) can no-salt-added garbanzo beans (also called chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 (32-ounce) package low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 3/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until carrots and beans are very tender. Stir in coconut milk. Use an immersion blender to purée soup. Stir in salt. Alternatively, let the soup cool slightly and carefully purée in batches in a traditional blender.
Check out more delicious soup recipes here!
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.