- For the Filling
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes (about 2 large)
- 3/4 cup canned coconut milk
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon fine sea salt
- For the Crust
- 1 1/4 cup ground gingersnap cookies (about 25 cookies)
- 1/3 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Meanwhile, to make the crust, stir together gingersnaps, coconut and butter in a medium bowl until moistened and well combined. Press mixture into and up the sides of a 9-inch pie dish. Bake about 15 minutes or until golden. Let cool slightly.
To finish making the filling, peel roasted potatoes and transfer flesh to the bowl of a food processor. Discard skins. Process until potatoes are puréed. Add coconut milk, brown sugar, eggs, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and process until evenly combined and very smooth.
Pour sweet potato filling into crust and bake about 50 minutes or until just set in center of pie. Let cool to room temperature on a wire rack. Serve or chill in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Note: We've provided special diet and nutritional information for educational purposes. But remember — we're cooks, not doctors! You should follow the advice of your health-care provider. And since product formulations change, check product labels for the most recent ingredient information. See our Terms of Service.